Monday, March 3, 2008

May All Your Dreams Come True

My younger brother just officially became a teenager today. However, I think he actually became one yesterday. When he learned yesterday that he wouldn't be getting what he really wanted, an external hard drive and/orand a PSP*, he spent a few hours moaning, groaning, crying, and banging his head on the wall. I think he eventually got over it, judging by the fact that I haven't observed any teenager-tude coming from his general direction today.

Apparently his birthday was a life-shatteringly important event, judging by the fact that my sister's family came over to enjoy the festivities. After eating some ice cream and cake, the presents came rolling in. He managed to get the majority of items that he used as filler on his birthday list, but he didn't get his most wanted (read: expensive) items. Instead, he got a new bike and some accessories to go with it, which was probably just as expensive, but definitely more worthwhile.

* When interrogated, he wasn't able to name any games he wanted for the PSP. For all we could have known he could have wanted anything from Mega Man to Barbie's Horse Adventure.

2 comments:

Debbie said...

Did you notice the abrasion on his forehead from his birthday eve head banging?

I feel bad that he didn't get what he wanted. I hope he gets over his disappointment - this may be one of those life defining moments for him. I remember wanting things that I didn't get...I survived, and I might actually be the better for it.

Keira said...

What doesn't kill you...